Nivea seem to be having a massive half price sale at the moment on all of their face care products. I've seen it on sale in Penney's / Primark and in Boots. When I saw their BB cream in Boots for €4.25 (less than the price of a pint, especially in Templebar) I figured I'd give it a shot. Sure at that price I didn't rate it as much of a gamble. In saying that, I have to admit I didn't really have high hopes either. I'd tried other BB creams last year and I wasn't that impressed with them. In general I'd found their texture to be a little too oily and they didn't have much lasting power. Not really much of a comfort for the girl who likes to hide under her Double Wear blanket. How wrong was I? Looks like it was Nivea for the win, coming in 2 for 2 in the last while. Check out my blog on their primer here if you haven't seen it already.
Here it is in situ in Boots. I felt like the David Attenbourgh of the make up world taking this shot.
Here's a little run down on how I got on in my great voyage in facing the world of BB or being bare for me.
- The coverage is lovely. It's smooth, creamy and not at all oily. It' has a good coverage for a BB cream, light but still will even out your skin tone. Being a BB cream however it still would require using some concealer.
- The price. Seriously, there's no arguing with that one.
- How easily it goes on. I apply it with my fingers and despite this it spreads really well. It literally takes less than a minute. It's ideal for mornings when you really just can't be arsed.
- I'm quite pale and have a fear of tangerine face. I found the colour match up to be great. It would be ideal for holidays and festivals when you don't have much time or don't have a big mirror but would still like to avoid that streaky tangoed look.
- It has an SPF of 10 and all of the other BB cream goodness in that it's very moisturizing.
- It's not going to give as clear a coverage as foundation but it's a BB cream, isn't that the point that it's not going to be as heavy?
Overall, would I buy this product again when it goes back to being it's full price? Definitely. I love how moisturizing and easy to apply it is. Come the winter I can see myself opting for a few more minutes under my actual blanket rather than my Double Wear blanket... most of the time ;)
Here am I just in from a walk. I could probably do with a bit more concealer to hide a few scars but overall it's not bad!
My winning combo at the moment, n all for less than a tenner. Sorted!
What's your thoughts on BB creams? Has anyone tried the Double Wear light foundation?